GeoMetrix has been retained by contractors, building owners and other businesses to complete structural assessments and provide designs for building additions, structural modifications, building foundations, new building structures and more.
One of the buildings GeoMetrix completed the structural design for is the Sakaw Terrace Seniors Housing in Edmonton, AB. The project was to design a new 4-storey building consisting of approximately 72 lodge residents and 93 independent living apartments along with the necessary support spaces on the main and upper floors, a partial basement with underground parking. This project started as a conventional Design-Bid-Build contract however near the end of the Schematic Design Phase the Owner decided to finish the project using an Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) model. Several structural framing systems were evaluated during the collaborative validation phase of this IPD project to provide the optimal design.
Some of the other building projects that GeoMetrix has worked on include the following:
- Town of Millet Arena structural assessment and renovations.
- Town of Ponoka Arena structural assessment and renovations.
- Lot 56 Foundation wall repairs for Konark Homes.
- NAIT productivity and innovation center structural design and construction review services.
- Points West Living seniors lodging structural design and construction review services.
- Woodvale kitchen expansion structural design.
- Aurora School Library Addition structural design and construction review services.